Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Little Corner of the World (Vacay Edition)

This will have to be a brief survey, because (a) I have nothing exciting to put into the world today and (b) Miss Kitty needs someone to open her "garlic-stuffed olives" jar for her.

Witness my suitcase to go home for Thanksgiving: (picture was taken yesterday, I got home last night, hence my obligatory jar-opening chores)



1. Purple eye shadow, Buxom Lips, and shoes that make my toes scream out in pain. Translation? Bagel wants her sisters to take her out! (Also, this is my routine plug for Buxom Lips - they're the best lip glosses ever. They are lip "plumpers," meaning I enjoy making people try the lip gloss who have no idea what they're getting into and watching as they respond in horror to the fact that their lips burn.)

2. My sister called me the night before I left to ask me to bring home this movie. (We own three versions of the movie between the three sisters who will be home for Thanksgiving, but I'm the only one with the extended version.) She left a voice mail, since I was trying to go to sleep and refused to answer. I listened to the message before falling asleep just to make sure nothing important was on there and I texted her in response. She texted me back, not to thank me or wish me good night, but to tell me "Why don't you answer your goddamn phone???"

I'm what you could call an attention whore. Any and all attention is good (probably why I blog ;>). So while most people might respond poorly to such a rude text message, I got super excited to come home for my sisters to swear at me and mock me. This is also the sister who originated the phrase that I love so much - "I hate you and I wish you were dead!"

3. Another plug - I have an obsession with bucket hats. This hat makes me very, very happy. If you are also in the market for bucket hats, Banana Republic always carries very cute ones.

4. This year I am thankful for two things: my friend Wendoline, who has gotten me into a monochromatic frenzy (hence the purple scarf and purple hat), and Target's microfiber fleece gloves which are so warm that my fingers sweat when I wear them.

So that's it. I'm off to help with the garlic-stuffed olives, and hopefully sometime later this weekend I can come up with a post that is a tad less materialistic.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!

And for the non sequitur award of the day: I'm super pissed at President-elect Obama for interrupting the Beyoncé concert on the Today show. He and I are going to have to have words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can send you a picture of Mom's ring on my hand if you want to write a blog post entitled, "Biggest Bagel Dupe Ever."

Unknown said...

Aww, I heart you too, Bagel <3