Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Election Day!

May the curse of the last eight years be ended today. While I don't normally blog about such personal matters, since Bush became president, both my parents have been unemployed for more than 6 months (one of them for almost 4 years); one of my parents has known homelessness; my sister's boyfriend has been deployed to Iraq; my other sister has struggled with countless health problems and no insurance; still another sister has struggled to get an education as a scientist with fewer and fewer federal funds being invested in science; my rights as a woman to do what I want with my body have been seriously compromised; and my country has seen new lows. Don't try to tell me that presidential elections don't matter. Senator Obama, please do everything you pledged to do and bring the change that you are promising will save this country.

0 comments: