Sunday, November 16, 2008

And I lose.

Last weekend I never got a chance to update my blog, meaning I lost on the 30 in 30 challenge.

BUT, today I have finally finished my song survey, so there's a partial victory. The back story is that when I read Kate's song survey I thought it was a really cool idea, but I failed miserably when I tried to recreate it. I was all set to admit defeat, when a couple of my ND friends had to go and finish the survey just for kicks. And well, I'm one of the most competitive people you're going to meet, so I couldn't let it rest. I have literally been working on this survey everyday for over a week. Without further ado....

Bagel's Song Survey: normal questions, harder answers. Only answer in song lyrics.

Current relationship status: "It's hard to believe that there's no one out there. It's hard to believe that I'm all alone." (Red Hot Chili Peppers; Under the Bridge)

Your first love: "I know I would apologize if I could see your eyes. 'Cause when you showed me myself, I became someone else." (Michael Stripe feat. Joseph Arthur; In the Sun)

Do you believe in love at first sight? “Read a book, read a book, read a mother-f*cking book!” (Bomani “D’mite” Armah; Read a Book)

Your most recent ex: "I'm alright. I'm just fine. And you're a tool, so, so what? I'm a rock star. I got my rock moves. And I don't want you tonight." (Pink, So What)

Your best friend: "You are one in a million, and I love you so. Let's watch the flowers grow." (Travis; Flowers in the Window)

Sex: "Catholic girls start much too late... but sooner or later it comes down to fate." (Billy Joel; Only the Good Die Young)

Marriage: "And still I dream he'll come to me, that we will live the years together." (Fantine on Les Misérables; I Dreamed a Dream)

Life: "And the best thing you've ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life after all." (Indigo Girls; Closer to Fine)

Death: "I feel the cold loneliness unfold, like from another world. Come what may, I won't fade away, but I know I might change." (Kate Havnevik; Grace)

Your regrets: “I used to think I was special. And only I have proved me wrong.” (Kendall Payne; Scratch)

High School: "Omaha, somewhere in middle America. Get right to the heart of matters. It's the heart that matters more." (Counting Crows; Omaha)

Your worst enemy: "It's no surprise to me I am my own worst enemy." (Lit; My Own Worst Enemy)

Authority: "Some long ago when we were taught that for whatever kind of puzzle you got, you just stick the right formula in. A solution for every fool." (Indigo Girls; Least Complicated)

Politics: "Imagine there's no countries. It isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too. Imagine all the people living life in peace." (John Lennon; Imagine)

Your religious stand/views: "There's a fine, fine line between reality and pretend." (Kate Monster on Avenue Q; There's a Fine, Fine Line)

Monday: "We have gone through so much worse than this before. What's so different this time that you can't ignore?" (Snow Patrol; Make This Go On Forever)

Tuesday: "Hang on, Sloopy, Sloopy hang on!" (The Yardbirds; Hang On Sloopy - okay, there are NO good songs about Tuesdays, and also, Sloopy would be funny name for a daughter.)

Wednesday: "Seems like I should be getting somewhere. Somehow I'm neither here nor there." (Soul Asylum; Runaway Train)

Thursday: "Give me 'til tomorrow then I'll be okay." (Daniel Bedingfield; Gotta Get Through This)

Friday: "I've been waiting all week to feel this way, and it feels so good, so good. I'm on top of the world, the coolest kid in the neighborhood." (Paul Oakenfold; Starry Eyed Surprise)

Saturday: "Well we know I'm going away. And how I wish, I wish it weren't so. So take this wine and drink with me. Let's delay our misery. Save tonight." (Eagle Eye Cherry; Save Tonight)

Sunday: "Suddenly, I'm not half the [wo]man I used to be. There's a shadow hanging over me. Oh, yesterday came suddenly." (The Beatles; Yesterday)

Coffee: "Makes me happy, like I should be." (Spiderbait; Calypso)

Tea: "Just like a song in my heart..." (Corrinne Bailey Rae; Like a Star - this one's dedicated to Miss Kitty who makes the best iced tea ever and always tells me to have a smile on my face and a song in my heart)

Alcohol: "I love you more than I did the week before I discovered alcohol." (Barenaked Ladies; Alcohol)

Cigarettes: "I ain't got no cigarettes." (Roger Miller; King of the Road)

Lunch meat: "You just don't impress me much." (Josie & The Pussycats; 3 Small Words)

Food: "Everything it seems I like is a little bit sweeter, a little bit fatter, a little bit harmful for me." (Rufus Wainwright; Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk)

Color: "I could be purple. I could be anything you like. Gotta be green." (Mika; Grace Kelly)

Anything you'd like to add: “Everything I do is judged, and they mostly get it wrong. But oh well, 'cuz the bathroom mirror has not budged, and the woman who lives there can tell the truth from the stuff that they say. And she looks me in the eye and says would you prefer the easy way? No, well o.k. then don't cry.” (Ani Difranco; Joyful Girl)

0 comments: