Saturday, November 08, 2008

The Lows

Post-Dublin, life went crazy and it will probably stay that way until finals are over (Dec. 19 can't come soon enough!). In the first week back, I had 4 articles to edit (each of which took roughly 5-10 hours), 2 midterms, and a Read Against for my journal (basically a meeting where the whole 2L staff pours over all of our articles one last time before I send them to the authors to approve before going to press). I got half way through Monday before I was on the phone crying to my sister about the impossibility of it all. By Wednesday, I had finished everything but 2 of the articles. I took Wednesday night off, and made some bad decisions that look something like this:





What the pictures don't show is that I chose to drink like a stupid college kid Wednesday night. Rum + More Rum + Whiskey + Champagne + Vodka + Gin + More Gin = BAD IDEA. I paid the price for my stupid drinking the whole next day, and I paid the price for going out the rest of the week. Now my life is back to a somewhat normal routine: I'm trying to catchup on not doing any classwork for three weeks, I'm trying to start preparing for finals, and I'm finishing up all the loose ends of Issue 1 before it goes to the printers Monday. Translation? I lead a dull life once again.

0 comments: