Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Where were you when you found out?

Last night a reporter spoke of Obama's win as one of those events that will be blazed into the memory of each American forever - they will always be able to tell you where they were and what they were doing when they found out America elected its first African American president. I don't know about every other American, but this is a scene I'm not likely to forget anytime soon:


Granted the camera work isn't the best, but I still get goosebumps watching it.


My friends and I were extremely lucky ladies last night. We were in Grant Park, Chicago when CNN announced that Obama won. The place was unbelievable and full of so much energy. We didn't have tickets to see Obama's speech, but even so, I felt like we witnessed history up close and personal.

1 comments:

Ginny said...

Don't mock the camera work! My arm got tired!