Friday, November 14, 2008

Beware the Egg Nog.

Today was an early start, and tonight it will probably be late to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day full of lots of this:



So I thought I would be smart and take a nap this evening after I ate dinner. In theory, a good idea. In practice? Impossible.

The problem is that with my dinner (my favorite meal ever, by the way! Left over mac & cheese!!!), I drank a glass of egg nog. And then I laid down to go to sleep and all I could think about was Christmas. I thought about Christmas in the giddy, excited way a little kid thinks about Christmas. And I couldn't sleep. Till finally I had to call it quits, and text Lynn* the following message: "That egg nog made me feel all Christmasy inside!" Well then, she came barging into my room and jumped on me and that was the end of that nap.


*Lynn was sitting one room away when I texted her. That is the extent of laziness that we exhibit in our apartment.

3 comments:

Christina said...

I think this is my favorite post out of all the posts you've ever written. Now I feel all Christmassy inside, too!

Emily said...

Thanks to you, I purchased egg nog before Thanksgiving, which is super wrong.

lil Hamilton said...

Dear Bagel, what happened to 30 in 30? I was so happy knowning that you had to update, highlight of my days, where'd you go?