Friday, July 08, 2005

Yay for the Midwest!!!

So some lady pulling out of a parking spot today felt the need to pull down her window and apologize to me because she drove in front of me. (mind you, I was way behind her and walking towards a store) I was actually surprised, I had no idea who she was apologizing to. After turning around twice, expecting to find someone else that she cut off, I realized she had meant her apology for me.

Can I just say, Midwestern people are the nicest EVER! Granted, I'm in Denver, and technically that doesn't count as the Midwest, but whatever. At least every other day someone will start up a random conversation with me in the elevator - complete strangers start talking to me like we're old friends. And my favorite part of the Midwest is how when you drive down the street (and now I'm referring mostly to Iowa and Nebraska), people driving by wave at you. And you don't know them, and they don't know you, and you'll likely never see each other again, but it feels nice to pretend for an instant that you are the closest of friends with everyone you drive by. This is the main reason I hate New York - too many cold, hard-ass people for me.

Anyway, so here's a shotout to the nice lady who apologized to me and reminded me why I love the Midwest.

0 comments: