Wednesday, July 13, 2005

War of the Worlds Random Thoughts

Sarah sent me this, her self-titled "random thought of the day":
so i just saw the movie, "War of the Worlds" the other night with Ruthie, and despite it being a g-d awful flick, it leaves one begging the question, "why are all supposedly impovershed protagonists wearing designer jeans?" There flailing on screen was Mr. Tom Cruise decked out in his Paper Denim jeans. This is not the first case of such character-clothing incongruity; likewise in "Closer," Natalie Portman as a stripper (yes, STRIPPER) had on a pair of Citizens of Humanity dungarees. Again, strange, considering that all these characters are supposed to be "like us, the common man" while wearing all this expensive clothing, figuring at around $150-180 for a pair of jeans. Where is the justice? Where is the reality?

That lead to MY random thought of the day:
I also just saw war of the worlds with Miss Kitty on Monday. She got up and walked out half way through, but I was mildly entertained. Or maybe it was just that I was trying to prove to myself that I could sit through an entire action flick without killing myself in the hopes that for the next bf, I will be able to sit through "guy" movies. ;) but who am I kidding? even if I can make it through an action flick, you will never EVER get me to sit through an entire showing of Tommy Boy and I am therefore odious to any real guy.

1 comments:

Elissa Yost said...

Meg,
I am slightly ticked because you have not gotten back to my recent comment yet have put a new post on your blog...what book are we reading!?!?!?! Maybe War of the Worlds...lol
Much love
-Lis