Sunday, July 31, 2005

August, here we come

Happy last night of July. I just finished taking a practice LSAT - 178, WOOOO HOOO!!!!!! If only I can repeat this experience, I'll be more than ready for October.

And on another note, tonight's the last night of August. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm big on plans and goals and other such anal-retentive behaviors. So I thought tonight would be a good night to set myself some goals for the rest of summer:

1. Get my teeth cleaned. Not a big deal to most, I know, but mine are gross. And I've got a hundred bazillion cavities. So those all need to get taken care of before going back to Hanover.

2. I gotta get my law school personal statements written. Sure wish I wasn't the worst writer in the whole wide world.

3. The recent discovery of the last six months is that I'm going gray!!!! NO JOKE! This MUST be dealt with immediately. I s'pose I should get my hair dyed, but I feel too young to have to go in and get "clipped & dipped". The only other thing I can come up with is that I should shave my head. But I'm very sensitive about my fat head, so I think that this solution probably won't pan out. Anyway, again, I'm up for suggestions. (And does anyone else agree that since I'm going gray at 21, I probably won't live past 30?)

4. Before I go to school, I want to have 85% of my law school applications (meaning everything but the recommendations and the LSAT score) filled out. GULP!!!!! It won't be hard to do, I'm just so scared about this whole process. Applying to college was tramatic enough - I thought law school would be easier. But it turns out that practically every school I want to go to has a 3% acceptance rate. Here's hoping I don't have to relive the Harvard/Yale nightmare day of my senior year in high school.

Anyway, that's all for now. Looking back, setting goals for seven weeks seem so ludicrous, neurotic, and anal that I wonder how anyone can even put up with me. Ah well, clearly some people do, and to those people - I'll always be grateful. ;)

0 comments: