Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Black Leather Condoms & Mosquito Bites


Fourth of July in O'Neill this weekend - my favorite time of the whole year. Every year, I start looking forward to the fourth sometime in February or March, and always leave O'Neill really sad and depressed when it's over. This year was no exception. Not much time to recap everything so highlights will have to suffice:

-I made the mistake of telling Michelle the story of the book of male nudes Sarah brought me and Angeles from France. There was a page that I thought featured a leather condom when in fact it was a uncicumsized black guy. Well, Chelle told everyone and I didn't live it down the whole weekend. But I still maintain that had any of them seen the black uncircumsized penis, they would have had their doubts too!!!

-This being the first Fourth where I'm legal, we of course went out to the bars. Note to self: DO NOT attempt to sing karaoke EVER! We started out okay when Krista and I sang Flash Dance What a Feeling, but slowly degenerated from there into Do Wah Diddy with Chelle. I ended the night on an okay note when Krista and I did Baby Got Back, but only cuz when it got to the part where we forgot the lyrics she did her own improv rap - highly amusing! And we closed the bar down singing "Pussy, Pussy" (to the tune of "Sugar, Sugar") to uncle John cuz he wouldn't join us.

-I have mosquito bites all over my feet and hands from the drive-in, and the movie was terrible to boot (herbie fully loaded), but it was fun hanging out with Kristin (even if she is a total bigot now!!!).

-Friday I spent the whole day at Millie's. We made cookies in the morning, and then did absolutely nothing. Not a damn thing. And it was the best time I've had in a while. I'm always surprised at how quickly I forget that Millie's kitchen table is my most favorite place in the whole world to be.

-Tom has some new property outside of O'Neill that is quite literally in the middle of nowhere. Lots of pastures and alfalfa fields - it was really gorgeous. Who'd of thunk that I could have so much fun in a cow pasture on a river and then in a bunch of fields out in the country?!? (oh yeah, and of course there was another toast to my toes - All in all, a brilliant end to a not so PC joke)

Anyway, it's back to work today. A boring, gray day which is only slightly improved by the fact that I got a 175 on my practice LSAT this morning - WOOHOO! K, looking back my highlights are actually quite long. I should get back to work.

1 comments:

Big Heavy said...

Congatulations on turning 21 & good luck with law school!