Thursday, September 29, 2005

Where has September gone?

Yesterday was a craaaazy day, including both the career fair and a panel talk w/ the Deans of Admissions at Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, and NYU Law.

At first I was panicking again because the NH Public Defender was at the career fair and he told me, yet again, that he thinks EVERYone should take time off before going to law school. It seems that everyone who knows (i.e. my sister, ppl in grad school, ppl in law school, the judge I talked to at CST, the NH public defender) tells me not to go next year, and everyone who doesn't know (Mark, my parents, my uncle John who thinks if I don't go to law school next year I'll get pregnant) tells me not to take any time off. So I had my daily crisis of what the heck am I gonna do? and where should I be next year? and then went to the admissions talk. That actually helped a ton - not soo much that I felt an hour and forty minute talk was justified, but enough that I have a plan of action for next year.

I'm going to apply to law schools AND for jobs this year and hope that:
1) I get a job. Preferrably at a decent, non-corporate firm.
2) I get into a law school. Preferrably Stanford, Northwestern, UPenn, Duke, Georgetown, Michigan, or Virginia.
3) Once I get an acceptance to one of those schools AND a job offer, I can defer admissions (The Stanford Law lady said that as long as you have a plan for yourself, law schools are very generous with their deferrals).

So this morning I feel much, Much, MUCH better. At least about that part.

But Saturday is the LSAT, and while I was TOTALLY prepared in August, I haven't studied since then, and I'm TOTALLY screwed. I'll be so happy on Saturday to be done with this test. And once that's over with, I promise that my law school freaking outs will be over for a while.

0 comments: