Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Victory.

Update on the Countdown to Victory: we've had a few hiccups on the quest to finish our law journal by the end of March. Nothing that equals defeat yet, or so I think. Others may have their doubts...

My friend the Doubter, who made the bet with me that we can't be done by the end of March, was just in the office to tell me once again that I'm crazy and that there will be revolts. Thank you, Mr. Doubter, you have just given me enough indignation and pig-headedness to persevere!

In addition to my tendencies toward indignation and stubborness, I also have a flare for melodrama (quit giggling, Wendoline!). So I am playing this song to keep me motivated today: (at least up till roughly 0:46...)


"You may get stabbed in the head
with a dagger or sword.
You may be burned to death
or skinned alive or worse.
But when they torture you,
you will not feel you need to run,
For though you die, La Resistance lives on."

1 comments:

Elissa Yost said...

Meg,
This video clip made me smile..I needed to believe that La Resistance will live on(although for different reasons than you) today.