Saturday, December 06, 2008

Oh, ye of little faith.

Thursday I had a meeting for the entire journal staff to basically update them on where the journal is at and what will happen next semester. We've seen a lot of successes this year:

* Issue 1 (of 3) got out in record time.
* We have more than enough pages for Issue 2, and we still have articles pouring in (literally) everyday to be considered for Issue 2.
* We started editing half of our Issue 2 articles during fall semester for the first time in at least five years.

We have also had our fair share of problems (threatened lawsuits, VERY sloppy editing that *almost* caused Christina to tell me where I could shove the journal ;>, etc.) that we had to address in the meeting. But on the whole, I think we are in very good shape. (Knock on wood.)

The good prognosis caused me to push up our spring production schedule so that we would send the third and final issue to the printers on the last day of March. When the journal's production manager caught wind of this change after the meeting, he made sure to tell me that he "feared" for "my own sanity."

Um, have you met me? Nothing else is more certain than the following: If a person (especially a male person) expresses any sort of concern for my impetuousness, all of the following three things happen:
(a) Heads roll;
(b) I dig my heels in and refuse to budge; and
(c) Heads roll.

Now this production manager and I have a bet going, with the terms still to be decided. This journal WILL be finished by March 31!!!!

1 comments:

Christina said...

Wait...I didn't tell you where you could shove it? I feel certain that I did... :)