Thursday, July 12, 2007

brrrrrr

so cold in the office today! i have a space heater less than a foot away from my legs in the middle of July - go figure.


saw harry potter last night, and was pretty disappointed. somewhere b/t the rushed plot (who thinks it's a good idea to turn the longest book in the series into the shortest film?) and the obnoxious teenage girls sitting next to me who repeatedly clapped loudly when they saw a scene they recognized from the book, laughed at very inappropriate moments and were very vocal and swoony over their love for ronald weasly, i decided that i'm going to rent this movie when it comes out on DVD, pretend i'd never seen it, and give it one more shot. although, I loved the characters of umbridge and luna and wished they'd been given more time to develop them b/c i thought the actresses were brilliant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but you should have known the movie was different from the book because the previews showed events that didn't even happen in the book.

I wonder if they were in such a rush to make it that they just made up their own story. Did JK have a hand in the story? Maybe she had the movie designed with all the parts she left out of the book. OR maybe she didn't have a hand in the movie at all and the writer/director didn't even read the book, just the cliff notes, and then the movie was made.

Ahhh...these are my thoughts this morning...looks like I'm bored again...

Anonymous said...

P.S. It cut off my name. Now I am sad.

Chelle