Monday, September 04, 2006

I wanna be a sex & the city girl

Before I end up as a settled, hopefully successful, midwestern wife/mom/attorney/judge what have you, I really want a chance to be a sex & the city girl. Today in Legal Writing I sat by a window, with the sun on my back and an incredibly dull lecture in front of me and somewhere in the mix I started wishing I lived in Boston. This is a new habit of mine - in times of good weather, I randomly start thinking longingly of life in Boston on the one hand and being a Miranda-type NY lawyer on the other.

It's incredibly bizarre if you know me. I don't like big cities, I hate New York, I love the midwest, and for years I've told any who'll listen that I'm going to settle down and spend the rest of my life somewhere between the Rockies and the Appalachians. But now adays, somewhere between my homesickness for Hanover and the culture shock of adapting back to life in the Midwest (where as Mike found out everyone is on the surface exactly the same), I feel a total drive to go back to the East Coast at the very first opportunity. This is so bizarre, I'm almost ashamed to admit it. But for right now, my plan is to go to Boston (I could never be a true Sex & the City girl in the NY sense) after I graduate and spend my first few years living the Miranda lifestyle until I'm ready to settle down with a guy and a family.

But one addendum to that lifestyle: this weekend we fed the ducks again a couple of times and at one point, I had four ducks eating out of my hands. Mike, ever the NYer, was terrified and grossed out. So I only want to be Miranda to the point that I can still have ducks eat out of my hands. Which to me says Miranda and Charlotte combo. The job and lifestyle of Miranda without the hardassedness. Who knows, maybe I'll do the whole born-again virgin thing too. ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, right. I don't believe you would ever do the born-again virgin...unless it was only during finals.