Monday, August 29, 2005

T - 1 day, 7 hours


another cool NY pic (though this one has been doctored way more than the last). I started packing this weekend for school and NY/DC. the rest of my weekend was spent by the pool with my mom, who's getting sad that I'm leaving her.

And other than that, the past week or so has been filled with essay anxiety. My dad and Nicolle think my optional diversity essay sounds immature and not appropriate (though Mark, my mom, and Michelle all say they think it's good). But I hate, Hate, HATE when people call me immature, even though I know I am, for the most part. And while calling my essay immature isn't the same thing as calling me immature, Nicolle thinks that the essay is proof that I shouldn't be going to law school next year.

So now, I have an even longer and more important essay to write - the personal statement. And I've totally psyched myself out for it. Not only is it important for my applications, but I feel like I have to use this essay to prove to Nicolle, and to a lesser degree my dad, that I am mature enough for law school. And I have NOTHING to write about. I really can't come up with a single topic that I like. Which makes me then doubt whether or not I should be even going to law school. If I can't even write two pages on why I'd be a good law school student, why am I bothering???

1 comments:

Elissa Yost said...

Meg, write about yourself, write about applying to Dartmouth, write about your family quirks, write about why you love living in a small town....then use any of those things and apply them to why you want to be a lawyer. You have made it through so much, personally and academically, you are ready for this...just think about what means the most to you and why you would want to defend that. Because I think that makes an excellent lawyer!
Much love,
Lissa