Monday, August 15, 2005

New Hats and Suffocating Babies


VERY good weekend - went shopping and to a Dartmouth Club of the Rocky Mountains picnic with Kelly. Got two new hats (which is big for me, cuz I have such a fat head), including the cowgirl hat I've been dying to get for a while(see left). Something tells me that I'll never have an excuse to wear it, but it's just one of those things that I need to own.

Also, I went to my first ever Dartmouth Club event and that was lame for the most part, but in the middle of a conversation with an alumn, I noticed this guy standing about twenty feet away, holding a baby. Not much of interest there, except that the guy was NOT holding the baby properly. And by that I mean he basically had the kid in a headlock and almost looked like he was trying to suffocate it. I kept watching for about two minutes, then finally decided that SOMEbody had to say something. And I was *just* about to interrupt the guy I was talking with so I could give the baby guy a piece of my mind and tell him that he should NOT be holding a baby in such a way, when he turned the baby around and I saw that it was a doll dressed in a dartmouth jumper. boy was I embarassed....

0 comments: