Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Month in Review

March was officially my worst blogging month in history. Incidentally, it was also my heaviest drinking month in history. Coincidence? I think not.

The good news is that finals are just around the corner, which means I'll be blogging like a fiend to avoid studying. The bad news is that there's no way I can catch up on a month's worth of posts and do them any justice. So you're just getting the highlights of the last month so I can move on to bigger and better blogging topics (like where I should live next year or how proud of Iowa I am).

The month started when Lil' Hamilton turned the big 2-1...



Some rarely seen Hamiltons emerged from the woodwork. Okay, so only one of these buffoons is actually a Hamilton, but ex-step-brother is just too confusing to explain. So let's call him my brother. Until he bothers you (which he is prone to do). Then I've never met him before.

The highlights of Lil' Hamilton's party are all included in this picture: (a) more Yahoos than we know what to do with, (b) dancing, (c) lots of pinkness, (d) the Birthday Girl (see the outgrowth from Hannah's armpit - that's my sister!), and (e) my favorite part of the party, the Bubble Machine! (I used to affectionately call him B.M. But B.M. are just unfortunate initials so we'll quit with that.)

Next in March came a trip to Nebraska, where I got...

Nope, that's not a fleck of dirt on the side of my nose. It's what the Yahoos refer to as my "ice on the side." Over break, I got the email asking me to defer my start date at the firm for a year, and I figured I might as well celebrate the fact that it looks like no one will want me acting professional for the next year.

Also, the thing I love about my family, is if you put forth the effort to get to Nebraska to see them, then they'll throw a party in your honor: (I still don't have the pictures of this event, but you get the idea)



I came back to school renewed by some serious Wanser lovin'. Just in time for Lil' Hamilton's first legal St. Patrick's Day!


The weekend after St. Pat's, we got the news that we are getting this year's most coveted commencement speaker!!! (I should say, the most coveted outside conservative Catholic circles. Don't even get me started on the awful protests that have accompanied this announcement...)


Followed by one of our apartment's favorite visitors:


Finally, March went out with a bang! This year's Barrister's Ball was my favorite Law School event to date, mostly because of the excellent company...









...but also because of my lovely date:



That's my March-in-review. I'm sure I forgot lots of little things that happened along the way, but this post has already taken me too long to write. Back to reading!

1 comments:

winkingannie said...

Your offering is acceptable.