Friday, March 06, 2009


"Life is either a great adventure or nothing."
-Helen Keller-

Christina and I had a conversation recently about my lack of an adventurer's spirit. I don't consider myself to be close-minded, and I'm also quite proud of the diversity of experiences I've had thus far in life. But I like routine and familiarity, and I'm a homebody if ever there was a homebody. Spontaneity is not usually equated with Bagel.

Sometimes, however, it pays to be the open-minded, spontaneous kind. Christina and Chris opened their hearts, minds, and family to new experiences, new countries, and, most importantly, new waiting lists, and look what came of it!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

If you want a job at the Tattered Cover, I do know someone VERY well who has worked there for many years and may be able to get you in the door... just sayin.

Nikki said...

I didn't find myself particularly open minded/outgoing until I began doing volunteer work abroad!