Friday, April 17, 2009

Over the Moon

Today I led my last ever journal meeting with the faculty editors. Tonight we have our end-of-year dinner. And even though I still have roughly 200 pages of text to edit, and Issue 3 won't go to the printers for a week or two, I feel like the year is over.

I did it!!!!!

This is how I feel:



Since the election last February, here are the things I've accomplished:

-Innumerable panic attacks

-Threatened to fail a student

-Taught some 2Ls some stuff about this little blue book that happens to rule my life

-Mocked Christina because she can see the difference between an italicized period and a regular period with the naked eye

-Had Kansas State threaten to sue me

-Learned how to tell the difference between an italicized period and a regular period with the naked eye

-Edited 3,271 footnotes (truth. I added it up.); still have to edit 1,120 more footnotes before Issue 3 can go to press

-Cried myself to sleep the first time I realized I could see the difference between an italicized period and a regular period with the naked eye

-Sent 224 messages with subject: "The Journal of College and University Law;" sent 429 emails with "JCUL" in the subject

-Sent over 1,000 emails to Debbie (the journal secretary) or with Debbie in a CC field

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cried yourself to sleep over that? For real?