Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Down with Mr. SF!

Dear Mr. San Francisco (or as I like to call you, Woody):

Did you ever read Pride & Prejudice? Well, me neither, but I think I heard somewhere that they have 5 daughters in that book and they are ALL about marrying off the oldest one so that the younger ones can get started. I think that's a bunch of cock and bull, except for the part where the oldest daughter of the 5 needs to get off her duff and get to work popping out babies. (also, ask Big Colle to tell you the story about how my Dad cracked a joke about marrying her off like in Pride & Prejudice when he met her Mt. Holyoke professors... who knew WAY more about her dating habits than he did) Therefore, if you want to have any staying power, and if my vote has any of the power that I lie and say it does, then you best not be making such glib comments about not wanting babies. This will not go over well at the council table when you come up for a vote, I assure you.

Sincerely, All My Best, Yours Truly, etc.

Bagel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - you made me snort!!!!

Sounds like you are coming on a little strong there, sister.

But then I guess it's perfect that you are studying to be a lawyer. :)

Chelle

Anonymous said...

I guess I really do know how to yank your chain! That will come in handy over time.

Anonymous said...

*snicker*