Sunday, January 14, 2007

Funniest phone call of 2007

So I called Courtney this morning because she's driving back to campus today and I promised to make her and Shane-o dinner. Shane-O gets on the phone b/c he wanted to talk and the following ensued:

S: So, Bagel, what are you doing with your life right now?
B: Well, Shane-O, I'm studying contracts. What are YOU doing with your life right now?
S: Well, I don't know if you heard but I joined the army.
B: I did hear something to that effect...
S: So. Bagel. How's that whole law school thing working out for you?
B: Shane-O are you trying to recruit me for the military?
S: Why, yes, Bagel, I am.
B: (laughs so hard she can hardly breathe)

Apparently, when Shane joined the Reserves, part of the deal was that he was expected to give his recruiter the phone number of one other person a week that might be recruited to join. I was a little surprised at how much the military resembles a pyramid scheme. But nonetheless, the idea of me joining the military is very entertaining. So I told Shane to give my number to his recruiter because that's one conversation I think I could learn a lot from. Anyone else who thinks this is entertaining, let me know. I'll have Shane pass on your number to his recruiter.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. And you thought Landmark was a cult.

B.C.