Thursday, December 28, 2006

Freedom in Peril

(Disclaimer: my sister is faulting me because of the overtly political/liberal tone of this post. I would just like to say before I offend anyone that I do believe in the right to bare arms, I just hate conservative propoganda of all sorts. Hence my liberal diatribe in response...)


This morning, I found the following fascinating piece of literature on a friend of a friend's blog: (click on the photo for the full brochure)


My favorite part is the picture of Mr. Whitey and his lovely wife in the background guarding their child from the black threat that lurks in the distance. Apparently, we need rifles to do this. Forget that fact that Mr. Middle-Class-Whitey and his wife would have been long gone by this point and safely tucked away complaining about the oppressive taxes they have to pay in order to keep that black threat in line. And poor Grandma who had a pistol ready and waiting when those commie, bastard rescue forces tried to help her. The thing is, I wonder what these same people would have to say about Iraqi civilians who feel threatened by the rescue forces and want to arm themselves and fight anyone who encroaches on their homes. Would Granny still be allowed to carry a gun if she had brown skin instead of white and instead of a crucifix in her home she had a prayer rug? Anyway, by the time I got to the "Illegal Alien Gangs" I had to quit reading I was so enraged. Let's see how long you can hold out.

0 comments: