Thursday, October 09, 2008

My Little Corner of the World

I don't want to study for my Trusts & Estates midterm tomorrow. Instead, I'm giving you a glimpse into the things currently making me happy in my little corner of the world:



1. My new friend! An Obama action figure that points at you when you lift his left arm. I like to think he's saying: "Bagel! Get to work!" (and then I like to ignore him)

2. My new favorite song is India.Arie's Beautiful Flower. See a video of her recording the song here.

3. I have a new pencil bag. The name of the pencil bag is "Hippos love stripes!" The inside of the pencil bag is green and blue striped. The hippos make me happy. I don't know what I'm going to do when I am finally forced to leave school and abandon my unnatural affection for school supplies.

4. Speaking of school supplies (and with a special shout out to Lil Hamilton, the only person I know who has more affection for post-its than I do), I have a multi-colored post-it note pad and for the last few weeks I've been working on the whites. Today, I finally finished off the last of the dul-drum whites and moved on to purple. Clearly, a superior post-it note color.

5. Not to jinx it, but our journal is doing pretty well right now. We started our Issue 2 articles this week and it has been years since we've started Issue 2 in the fall semester. The credit for this goes to a number of other people, especially last year's Editor-in-Chief. I'm grateful to all of them for making my life so much easier right now.

Now, back to work. Notice that did not make the list of things making me happy today...

1 comments:

lil Hamilton said...

First off, I don't think I would call any affection towards school supplies "unnatural," in fact, I sort of think the opposite. Also, I think I've had the multi-colored post-it pad you're refering to and I'm happy you've reached the purple too - much better than stinking ol' white. On the subject of post-its, I got mocked just last night for being picky about post-its, I got free post-its that are legit post-it brand, but either it's because they are not super-sticky, or because Ireland makes inferior post-its, but they're just not as good as what I'm used to.
PS. I miss you!