Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life ain't so bad

Whew! I've had a whirlwind of stuff to deal with the last two days. Yesterday I sent out offers to the 2Ls to join our staff and they had less than 48 hours to respond. I've been calling 2Ls, making lists and charts and backup lists and backup charts, calling more 2Ls, and fielding responses via email like a madwoman. Much to my frustration, with 30 minutes left to go before the 2L deadline, I still had to hear back from 8 people. With 15 minutes left to go, I had to leave for a firm event and still had 5 people left to hear from. Then I went to Stanford where we participated in a 2 hour scavenger hunt. 2 hours of walking around a hot campus after 2 days of journal madness, and I came home utterly beat. I crashed on the sofa and started reading blogs, when I found this story.

California Bar Exam

I guess there was an earthquake in Southern California today, with an epicenter right by where everyone was taking the California Bar Exam (or at least day 1 of 3 of the California Bar Exam). And they all had to stay put and finish their exam!!!! After reading that story, I realized that this summer is nothing compared to what next summer will be. Life ain't so bad, after all.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Just look - you created such a stir with your work and creating an opportunity for the 2L's that the earth moved! :)

See you in Sin City!

Chelle