Thursday, July 31, 2008

The last remaining SF pix

Tomorrow I'm leaving San Francisco, and after a quick detour to see Matt & Sunny get married in Vegas, I go back to Chicago for two more weeks before summer is officially over. San Francisco is awesome, and I'm crossing my fingers that I get an offer in both the San Francisco office and the Chicago office by the end of summer. I just thought I'd take this opportunity to post a few more SF pictures before I leave.

(Big Wenger is coming to town today to run in the San Francisco Marathon, so I may have a few more pictures to post before all is said and done...)



This is actually not a very good view, but I took it halfway up a huge hill to give myself an excuse to stop climbing for a little bit.


Weekend 1: Kelly and I went to Napa! (That's me and that's Napa)


That's Kelly and that's Napa


That's Rombauer Vineyard, just a pretty one we visited.


The view from Rombauer Vineyard.


Last Sunday, I drove this ridiculous looking go cart (that was GPS guided) all around San Francisco. It was foggy and freezing, but I got some good views!


I hope you don't need me to tell you what this is.


This is the view from Lombard St. People will tell you it's the curviest street in the world, but they are lying to you. Just ask the cab driver who got us hellishly lost, just so he could show us the actual curviest street in the world.


Berkeley wants to cut down a small grove of trees in order to expand its football stadium. Apparently, this was not okay with the Berkeley hippies, and they were hard up for something to protest. SOOOO, the moved into the trees, and have been living there for over a year! I had to go see the tree people before I left, but my camera wasn't good enough to get pictures of their tree houses all the way at the tops of the trees. Word on the street is that one woman even gave birth up in the trees. Now, most San Franciscans and Berkeley people just find it annoying because they have to pay some 10-15 police guards to stand around the trees 24-7. An article in the NYT from a year ago about the tree people.


Looks like the tree people are going on two years, almost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try driving down Lombard St with Tom. I'm just saying.

Michelle said...

No more updates? Is your life that boring? ;)