Monday, February 25, 2008

Are you there God? It's me Bagel.

My apologies for not blogging in a while. I've been sick for about a week now with an on-again-off-again fever and congestion, and in the mean time, a lot of things have been up in the air that I felt weird about blogging about until all was resolved. Whenever things are unsettled I can't help but think of the book, "Are you there God? It's me, Margaret." That's really neither here nor there (especially since most days I fancy myself a borderline atheist), but these are the things that have had me preoccupied as of late...

*Editor in Chief elections are tonight for my law journal. Wish me luck! Apparently elections can be rather intense; the question and answer sessions are open grill-fests where people are prone to say "People say you have X character flaw. Do you think you have that flaw and explain why it wouldn't make you a bad EIC." Ask my sisters - I don't do well with criticism. Like I said... WISH ME LUCK!

*Poopsie (a.k.a. my dad) was in the hospital at the end of last week. About 3 weeks ago, he was sick and worried that he might be having a stroke. One short ambulance trip and a very painful spinal tap later, they sent him home with a prognosis of meningitis and vertigo. For two weeks he was sick, dizzy, and nauseous until finally he went back to the doctor and was properly diagnosed as having had a stroke the first time and another stroke in the period between when the ER first released him and when he went back in. He's out of the hospital now, hopefully for a while.

*Court's boyfriend, Shane, who joined the reserves last year at this time just found out he will be deployed in about year. He doesn't know where he's going yet; he only knows he'll be gone for 12 months. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm going to work on conjuring up some more good news, so stay tuned. In the meantime, I've got to work on my speech.

0 comments: