Monday, February 11, 2008

Experiment

Lynn and I are going to conduct an experiment: back during football season our friend Lauren wore a USC jersey to the Notre Dame-USC game. The hostility that her jersey provoked was really surprising. People were calling her nasty names and threatening her with acts that I wouldn't dare post on here. When Lauren complained about this, lots of her friends even recounted with a, "Well. What did you expect?"

This comment is a little absurd, given the severity of what she encountered and another friend of ours likened it to saying that a woman who was raped deserved what she got because she dresses provocatively. That issue aside, Lynn and I have decided to conduct a little experiment. We just ordered Hillary shirts and buttons and we are going to see which is worse at Notre Dame: a USC fan or a Hillary fan? Stay tuned for the results...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that shirt around, but not being sold... where did you get it?

Michelle said...

I'd like to know what happens - I'll bet this time the priest and nuns smite you! :P