Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I just lost 2 cars, a house, and a trampoline.

1L year is done, I'm in Denver for two weeks, and I'm doing all I can to procrastinate on my writing competition entry.

Case in point: last night I spent 45 minutes gambling with Peggy, my 10-year-old cousin. The game? stack 10 dixie cups up into any sort of arrangement and then take down your arrangement and stack all the cups together faster than the other person. I was a rockstar at this game - if you know me, I very rarely lose to little kids because, truth be told, I'm a jerk. That said, last night I was thoroughly whooped in the highest stakes round we had all night. I had already won both Peggy's grandparents' cars, their house, and her trampoline. I had wagered it all in exchange for her little sister too, and then the unthinkable happened. She kicked my ass. Soundly. Kudos to her, but now I'm still without a car or a house or a trampoline and so life is not looking too bright today. Well, that, and this darned writing competition entry is calling. I'm only about a third of the way through the 253 pages of material we have to read. Yuck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

lol

but you get a house, a baby and a puppy in just two weeks, so it's not all bad, bagel ;)

Huggles and I hope you're doing well. I'm currently weighed down in boxes and trying to draw a schematic to figure out how i'm going to get it all to fit into a five by five space

Anonymous said...

I just found a another bagel.
I like my blue eyes in contrast to your green ones.
you have a blog. you're like an expert compared to me. someday I am going to be a big bagel blogger.
Together we can create the bagel blog network. You were on page ten in my recent google search.
I hope everything is going good for you. It's nice to see a friendly face amongst bagels. Have a nice weekend. unclebagel.com