Friday, March 23, 2007

Vote for Fred & Milty!

Hey all, so I have a plea to make. My friends Fred & Milty are currently entered in a competition to raise funds for the clinic they built in their home village of Lwala, Kenya. All the competition involves is getting people to vote online for you - the first project to raise 20,000 votes gets $20,000. After about a week and a half of being in first place, Fred & Milty's project has slipped to third.

So, please, please, please! Just go check this website out. Take 5 seconds: Lwala
All it takes is one vote a day - i've been doing it for 2 weeks now and it takes me 5 seconds every morning when I wake up.

Fred & Milty are just about the most amazing guys you'll ever meet. They both went to Dartmouth with me, and while we were there, both their parents died of AIDS complications. Despite that, they brought their younger sister Grace to come to high school here in the states and their older sister Flo to go to nursing school. Currently, they are both at Vanderbilt Med School and in the summers and spare time, they somehow have managed to build their village a health care clinic that's going to open next month.

If you need anymore inspiration, read this blog: Abbie's Blog
It was written by a girl who traveled to Lwala to help them last summer and is the most inspiring blog I have found to date.


Fred, Milty, Grace, and Flo (L to R, top to bottom)...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! That's not fair! I can't vote because I don't have an email address that ends in .edu

How biased is that?!?!?

Chelle

Elissa Yost said...

I'm voting!!