Sunday, August 20, 2006

Last night as an Unofficial Law Student

Tomorrow morning classes start and I am *officially* a law student. I'm a tad nervous, but I'm more nervous that I'm not that nervous. How's that for nonsensical. Most of the time I think I'll be fine, it won't be that big of a deal to be in law school and then I get nervous that I'm too confident. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

But in other news, every where I turn I found a married or engaged classmate. Certainly all the good looking males that I start to develop an interest in have a ring on their finger or have a gal out there somewhere with their ring on her finger. I have NO desire to be married, but I do have a desire to not be the only single girl. I'm wondering if this is a midwestern thing... In my class at Dartmouth of 1000, I only knew of like 2 people who were married, 1 who was engaged, and 1 who had a baby, and of those four, I only knew 1 personally. I'm sure the actual statistics were a bit higher, but nonetheless given that I've already met 2 married people and 4 engaged people in my class of 200 at Notre Dame, I wonder if geography has something to do with it. Certainly there's something to be said of the different demographics of the class (like one of the kids who is married is 26), but I still wonder what a single gal in the Midwest is to do.

Oh well, at least I'm not as bad off as Courtney. If she gets caught having sex out of marriage, she can get expelled. No wonder these Catholic kids are all getting married at the first opportunity. What a change from Dartmouth, where last spring there was a campaign to get people in the quiet, nerdy dorms to stop having sex so loudly so as not to disturb the studies of others.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

What what WHAT? She can get expelled for that? Are you serious??? That's insane!

But being a single woman in the Midwest, it is definately a geographic thing. Everyone I know/meet is married or engaged. It totally sucks. My friend Jessica and I were talking about it last night at the bar. There isn't much else to do around here besides get married. :(

Not a good thing for those of us with goals and dreams other than marriage and kids.