Thursday, July 27, 2006

My torts prof & I are already off to a bad start.

When I started Dartmouth, or more exactly the summer before I started, Nicolle sent me an email warning me about our summer reading (Milton Friedman). She was worried that the selection was indicative of the politics I would come up against when I went to Dartmouth, traditionally one of the more conservative ivies. Thankfully, she was wrong, and the liberal presence on Dartmouth's campus was much stronger than the conservative presence.

Today, I discovered what might be my first indication of the political ideology of Notre Dame: an article written by my Torts professor.

This article bugs me for two reasons: first I think the professor is wrong in his argument and I have no one to argue with about it except my laptop screen, and second I vehemently disagree with his politics (which, although he professes to not eschew in this article, are still obvious in his motivation for writing in the first place). Anyone else think that this is cause for concern next year? Did I make the wrong decision?

0 comments: