Thursday, March 16, 2006


So I got this book for my bday last year and haven't had a chance to read it. I thought it would bring it to the bahamas with me for spring break b/c it looks like just the kind of easy read a person brings to the beach. Well I made the mistake of taking it into work yesterday. BIIIG mistake for two reason. First, look at it. It's kind of embarassing to cart around. and everytime someone sees i'm reading something they want to know what it is and see the cover. I'm mortified everytime. And the other reason it was a big mistake is that I did start reading it when I was bored and now I can't put it down. It's really funny. So it's not like I can just quit reading and then people will quit asking me about it. I really can't stop reading. My new plan is to read it really really fast so that I won't be reading it much longer. Only then what will I read in the Bahamas? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Freakonomics. I'm still in the beginning of it, but I'm hooked.

Did you read Everything is Illuminated? That was excellent.

Fat Girl: A True Story is supposed to be a good book. I haven't read it, but it is on my wish list. So is The Walmart Effect. You can read all about your favorite store!

Unless you want a mindless novel. Then I would suggest going to the grocery store and take you pick of the lusty cover photos with the fabulous Fabio-look alike and the busty, scantily dressed woman - whose chest size most of us Hamilton's could beat anyday.

Anonymous said...

The Devil Wears Prada.
In Her Shoes.
French Women Don't Get Fat. (I know, it sounds terrible, but it's really very good.)

Michelle said...

Oh! The Devil Wears Prada is an EXCELLENT book and a very easy read. It reminds me of a monster I once worked for.

Michelle said...

Really I only posted that "you suck" comment once. I'm not sure who copied it and reposted it.

I may be without a job shortly. Can I come live with you?

Michelle said...

No - it's WAY worse than that.