Thursday, December 29, 2005

My first ticket ever

Nicolle and I were driving home from getting Indian food with Kelly last night. Going down the interstate when we realize that everyone is going 50 because there's a cop in the right lane who is also going 50. (Posted Speed Limit is 55)

My solution? Go 50 with everyone else.

Nicolle's solution? "God damn it, Bagel! It's just a cop! You can go the fuckin' speed limit!"

So I speed up to 55. So I pass the cop. So the cop turns his lights on and pulls me over.

In a matter of 5 seconds I'm convinced that I'm going to jail for one of the following reasons:

(a) it's illegal to drive 55 in a 55 zone. everyone else in traffic knew that - why didn't I?!?!
(b) I'm drunk. I've been weaving. He could tell just by looking at us that I was trashed. ...oh yeah, and all this after less than a third of a beer.
(c) Nicolle's drunk. how could I have forgotten that it's illegal to drive with an intoxicated passenger?!!? she had one and a half beers and we're done for on account of it.


So for anyone of these three VERY legitimate reasons, I am obviously going to go immediately to jail. I'll have a record, and I'll never get into law school, and will I even get to go back to Dartmouth this winter? My life is officially over.

The cop approaches the car, and taps on my window for me to roll it down. I panic because it won't roll down. Oh yeah, turn the damn car on.

The cop tells us that he pulled us over because..... (here it comes, my life is over, i'll never get out of this, i'll not even be able to continue living).....the car has expired tags.

MISS KITTY IS IN THE DOG HOUSE NOW AND FOREVER!!!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What? I thought she just paid a ton of money for the damned tags.
Would you like me to reserve a thunder bolt for her too?

Anonymous said...

That's not what I said. No F-bombs, no GD-bombs. I said, "You don't have to go *slower* than the speed limit."

Fix your blog or I'll sue for slander.

Anonymous said...

Hey was just rolling thru wanted to let ya know ya got a cool blog here Nice Job.