Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weekend Vacay

Tomorrow morning I'm flying to Denver for the weekend. The stated reason* for this trip is that I want to disconnect for a weekend from school, the journal, and everything else so I can make my decision about what office I want to work at next year. Everyone seems to have an opinion on this question and 70% of the opinions are "Go to Chicago/SF because then you'll be close to me, I'll come visit you, we'll be in the same city, etc." I thought I would revive the Blog poll feature to see what the exact number of Chicago's to San Francisco's are. So check out the poll on the left and get your vote in by Sunday! And if you haven't already made up your mind about which city YOU'D rather visit, here are my main considerations that have nothing to do with who might be able to visit... (Don't kid yourself folks, 1st year associates are lucky if they get to come up for air let alone for visitors.)

Chicago:
-City is more my pace and style - I'm totally a midwestern girl at heart.
-City has a significantly lower cost of living and I'd make the same salary in either city.
-Office is bigger and has more clients and cases.
-Office will be moving to a brand new location two months before I start - I'd be in a brand new building and a brand new office.

San Francisco:
-City has NO winter. (At least not one to speak of relative to winter in New Hampshire, South Bend, or Chicago.)
-City has more liberals.
-Office is much smaller so I'd have more contact with partners and more abilities to do interesting work early on.
-Office lets me wear jeans on Friday, and I like 95% of the people I met there. A lot.





*Who am I kidding? The real reason is that I miss Miss Kitty and haven't been home since Christmas.

1 comments:

Hannah said...

I didn't get to vote in your poll. I vote for Mechanicsburg, PA.