Saturday, August 30, 2008

School Days

Surviving the first week of school was no easy feat this year. Everyday I woke up around 5 or 6 and rushed to finish whatever homework I hadn't done yet. Most mornings, I wouldn't even need an alarm clock to wake up - I just felt so overwhelmed by what is undone that I would wake up every morning in a panic. Then it was off to class and in between all my classes I would sit in the office and help the four or five different people who inevitably came with questions or in need of help. When classes finished in the afternoon, I was off and running to spend some time and eat dinner with my little sister, who is spending her last week in the States with me before heading to Dublin for the semester. *tear* Around 9 or 10 I would finally remember that I had work to do for the next day and I would get an hour or two in before crashing again.

One day I even contemplated going to mass, just so I would have some time to breath. Instead, Courtney and I fed the ducks. After Courtney goes to Dublin on Monday, I hope things will calm down somewhat. Not that I haven't loved having her - I don't know what I'm going to do when she is gone ALL semester. But I feel guilty making her follow me around all day - trust me, the life of a law student is not exciting.

If ever she harbored any resentment towards me for making her put up with my boring life all week, she got her revenge by coming to my Federal Income Taxation class and watching me squirm as I got called on.

0 comments: