Sunday, August 31, 2008

An American Family

At one time, I had a mom and a dad. I was also born into two sisters.

Then I had a mom and a dad and a stepmom. I inherited a stepbrother.

Then I had a mom and a dad and a stepmom. My dad and my stepmom added to my two sisters and my stepbrother two other sisters, my half-sisters.

Then I had a mom and a dad and an ex-stepmom. That meant I now had an ex-stepbrother, but we still called him my "brother". I also still had two sisters and two half-sisters.

Today, I have a mom, a dad, an ex-stepmom, and a soon-to-be-new stepmom. Add to my ex-stepbrother, my two half-sisters and my two real sisters a new soon-to-be stepsister and a new soon-to-be stepbrother-in-law.

And my question is: will this new stepsister be better at delivering me a soon-to-be stepnephew or stepniece?!?!?

(But in all seriousness, congratulations to my dad who proposed to his ladyfriend, Sherry, today! I like her a lot and can't wait to have another stepmom!)

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes, we are...the All-American Family.

F'ed up and still producing...