Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Journey of a Thousand Miles

I’m listening to a bar review lecture on my iPod and the lecturer is making a reference to the Chinese proverb: “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” The lecturer set the end of the journey as becoming a licensed attorney and traces the journey back to the beginning of law school. He is lecturing about getting rid of “excess baggage” on this last leg of the trip. “Let law school go.”

Easy for him to say. I’m still finishing up my law journal (with the much appreciated help of Christina!) and even though the end is very, very close, the last two weeks have been unbelievably frustrating. Each step takes five times as long as I think it will, and I had to delay my flight back to Denver and delay the start of my bar review course (lucky for me it’s on a iPod so I can recover the lost time). Every delay causes more anxiety about what I should be working on and am delaying. But I digress…

The reason I’m writing this blog entry was that the constant references to journeying and quests is leading to some very vivid imagery. I’m picturing myself engaging in a 2-month battle against “the enemy” – the bar examiners. In this imagery, I have purple hair, I’m wearing a hot pink dress, I carry a sword, and when I smile, my eyes are slits that look like upside down Us.

Oh. Did I mention I’m listening to the lecture in the “Manga” section of Barnes & Noble???? I don’t know what “Manga” is, but it looks like the literary version of anime, and it is making this lecture MUCH more colorful.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

I'm sorry to tell you this...but your purple hair clashes with your hot pink dress :(

I'm making flashcards and they have bright colored lines one them, I kind of want to throw them out the window

Christina said...

No worries friend. I think I'm still in debt to you :). Happy studying!

P.S. I know this comment is lame, but the SAHM thing is turning my brain to mush.