Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A rose by any other name...

When I want to use the best possible phrase to describe a particularly grotesque phenomena, I think German is most appropriate. Something about all of the harsh consonant sounds. When I want to use the best possible phrase to describe polite and sincere well wishes, I think Spanish sounds best. Maybe it's because my former Argentinian roommate always sounded much sweeter and more polite while speaking Spanish. In any case, for those of you who are under the yoke of finals like me, I'm sending you the best well wishes I can come up (straight from the mouth of said Argentinian):

"Suerte, te mando un gran abrazo"

(roughly translated: Good luck, big hugs!)

It made my night, and so I'm sending it out to everyone else who might be as stressed as I.

Buenas noches.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Versauen sie es nicht!

(Roughly translated: Don't fuck it up!)

Love,
Colle