Friday, April 11, 2008

If they could see me now

Today's fiesta (see post below) takes me back to my college days, when I was recruited by Elizabet, Victor, and Angeles to be in charge of decorating their Cinco de Mayo event for the Mexican student society. I can't help but giggle when I remember how shocked they were when I suggested a giant cactus made out of green balloons. If I remember correctly, Victor asked my why I didn't just decorate the whole place with giant cardboard cut outs of Coronas or if I thought all Mexicans are a bunch of sombrero-clad peasants sleeping under cacti. Suffice it to say: I had a lot to learn, as the only white Midwestern girl in the group. And now that I'm back to being a white Midwestern girl and not their honorary Latina, I'm pretty sure Elizabet would give me no end of trouble for being such a gringo, but oh well. When in Rome...

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Dear Bagel -

So is your hiatus also from your Blog? I'm so bored, it hurts.

Bored to tears,
Chelle