Friday, January 04, 2008

The Christmas of Chaos

I'm back in South Bend (*tear*) to write a 30-page student note for my law journal (yikes!), and I have to say that for once, I'm not entirely sad to see Christmas go. This Christmas seemed to be one disaster after another - I left my purse on the plane on the flight from Chicago to Sioux Falls, SD (where there are 3 times as many slot machines in the airport as there are arrival/departure information screens). My hard drive crashed on Christmas day and is donefer, and I had to get my glasses replaced because they got lost during finals.

The good news, however, is that after a 4 hour drive to Colorado Springs (a gorgeous mountain town which also happens to have less than 5% registered Democrats amidst the population), I got my purse back. Also, I just took my computer in to be fixed, and although I'm going to lose all of my files and data, it's still covered under warranty. And my mom and I found the cheapest place ever to get glasses and so for a third the price of my original pair, I got two new pairs. So all the crises were handled and are (more or less) over. Now I've just gotta write this darned paper - bleh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FAMOUS LAST WORDS. The crises are not over. I give you: IOWA.

Unknown said...

You also forgot that your only Christmas present broke.

Anonymous said...

Dude - do you realize we made it through one of your trips home without getting into one of our infamous spats?

Also, you got a hot new shirt and had a kiss on NYE - granted, it was the kiss of death for most of us, but still....

chelle