Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Duck Rape, Classes, and the Stupid F'ing Supreme Court

Highlights from my day:

*Saw my first ever duck rape. Kid you not. Walking down south quad after dinner, we saw three male ducks gang rape a female duck. They were running all over the sidewalk, and I swear to God, the female one came running to me for protection. (Ask Lynn, she doesn't lie). So I do what any good duck lover would do - i chased the damn male ducks so they'd leave her alone. And let me tell you, ducks don't scare easily. finally i gave up and we saw the most traumatizing thing i've ever seen in my life. (and yes, i know this is the standard way with ducks, but you watch it just once and tell me if you aren't scarred for life.)

*Registered for classes. Despite all the drama and the whining I heard later, it was a pain-free process for me. I got all the classes I wanted and this fall I'll be taking Business Associations, Conflict of Laws, International Law, Law of Education, and Civil Rights Law. Basically we devised our schedule by combining the most liberal professors we could find with the best average GPAs. Why do I say we? Because Lynn and I have all five classes together, and Sean is in 4 of them. I foresee this going very badly - not because of the classes (i love all of our classes) but because I'm as competitive as they come.

*The Supreme Court. Don't get me started. Cuz I'll cry. I swear I will. If you don't know, read here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if the Supreme Court ruling doesn't make you puke, these YouTube videos oughta do the trick:

duck gang rape

artistic version of the duck fuck

what's more gut-wrenching, the ducks or the narrator?

Love,
Big Colle

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's more distrubing - the discussion, or the fact that Nicolle actually looked up duck sex on you tube.

Chelle

Anonymous said...

Well, I had to know what it looked like!

Love,
BC

Roo from TwirlieGirls.com said...

Oh my gosh! I once saw a duck gang rape in high school. I told my friends, and they thought I was crazy! It's good to know that someone else out there has shared this same traumatizing experience. I felt so bad for the the cute little girl ducky!

Ken Erickson said...

Check out the May 3 issue of The Economist. It has a scientific report on rampaging drakes and devious ducks. Only about 3% of bird species, ducks among them, have penises, which make rape possible. Ducks have complicated vaginas with blind passages to prevent the sperm of a rapist drake from fertilizing the eggs. Remember the dirty little rhyme about Corkscrew Dick, incompatible with the love of his life because she had a left-hand thread? Some drakes have left-hand threads and the females - well, read the article.