Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bye, Bye Fall Break

Fall Break is officially over. How do I know? I've been cooped up in my room for hours today doing work. Over break, I heard the "how do you like law school" question a million and a half times. My answer was always the same: "I like it a lot. The work isn't that bad, I actually have more free time than at Dartmouth. Except it's so frickin' intense. Everything you do has a heightened sense of importance and added stress levels about it."

Case in point: I'm reading for my legal writing class, a chapter on how to write a breif for the court. The introduction reads as follows "The briefs you write will be vital to your clients... Your brief-writing will be important to you as well... So write as if your practice depends on it, because it does." Once again reminding us that everything we do this year will affect us forever. And while I understand this exaggerates the passage a tad, it's really one of the lighter examples I have.

Welcome back, anxiety.

Fall Break Pix

0 comments: