I made it official: This summer I'm going to work at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom. I'm 50% ridiculously excited because I had a great interview there and 50% terrified because of Skadden's reputation. The funniest part of the story is that "Skadden" meant nothing to me until I started telling people I want to work there and then everyone filled me in on their reputation.... they pay you a shit-ton so they can work you an even bigger shit-ton. Oh well, what doesn't kill ya... right?
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Which Gilmore Girls Character Are You?
|You are part Lorelai. You are energetic, perky, and witty, but sometimes your unique sense of humor can confuse people. You are well-liked by all, but you have trouble with commitment.|
|You are part Rory. You pride yourself on your moral fortitude. You are a bit of a prude and bookworm, but you have honesty and a quiet humor on your side.|
|Find Your Character @ BrainFall.com|
Posted by Little Bagel at 8:11 AM
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
For those of you who haven't heard the story, Milton and his brother, Fred, are friends of mine from Dartmouth who now both attend Vanderbilt Med School. When we were all in undergrad, both their parents died of AIDS complications. Consequently, the two have spent all of their spare time and breaks from school trying to build, staff, and supply a health care clinic in their home village of Lwala, Kenya. They are two of the most inspirational brothers you could hope to meet and I thought I'd just update you on their work.
Documentary in Process, Hope for Lwala
News Show on Milty & Fred's Clinic.
Newest update: the Lwala Clinic birthed its first babies (twins) this fall!
Posted by Little Bagel at 12:38 PM
Saturday, October 20, 2007
I will post more pix as soon as I have them, but Paige's wedding was literally the best wedding I have ever been to.
View photos here.
Posted by Little Bagel at 4:38 PM
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Posted by Little Bagel at 3:23 PM
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Posted by Little Bagel at 6:22 AM
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Posted by Little Bagel at 4:30 AM
Saturday, October 06, 2007
So I do believe that means I have to fill out her blog quiz. Here goes...
Jobs I've Had
* Dartmouth Day Care
* Rockefeller Center (student intern assisting with their Civil Skills Training program)
* Child Advocates (summer internship in Indy)
* Skadden Arps (dare I jinx myself? They tell me my offer can't be taken away so I'm trying out the sound of saying I work for Skadden)
Places I've Lived
* Missouri Valley, IA
* Hanover, NH
* Denver, CO
* South Bend, IN
Food I Love
* Chocolate Ice Cream with Gummy Bears
* Left-over Macaroni & Cheese
* Chicken Parmesan
* Miss Kitty's Chicken and Dumplings
Websites I Visit
* Christina's Blog
* Photo Database
Places I'd Rather Be
* Wendy's Wedding in Missouri Valley this Weekend with my Fam
* Wherever Courtney Is
* Hanover, NH
* In the Lap of Luxury
Movies I Love
* Love Actually
* Anything Rogers and Hammerstein (any musical, for that matter)
* Keeping the Faith
TV Shows I Watch
* Grey's Anatomy
* Gilmore Girls (on DVD & ABC Family since it was cancelled)
* Law and Order SVU
* Engaged and Underage
Friends I'm Tagging
* Big Colle
* Lauren Cady (who still refuses to tell me where her blog is)
* Mr. San Francisco (whom I'm currently mad at cuz he got spend the weekend with my family and I didn't. does he even have a blog? no clue.)
Posted by Little Bagel at 5:29 AM
Monday, October 01, 2007
Posted by Little Bagel at 9:45 AM