Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"The Word of Our Colle"

So my sister Nicolle was asked to do the liturgical readings at her friend Julie's wedding this weekend. For those of you who don't know Catholic mass, every liturgical reading is followed by a saying along the lines of "The Word of the Lord," after which the congregation responds, "Thanks be to God."

For those of you who don't know Nicolle, she's about the least Catholic person Julie could have found to do the readings, save for maybe a Jew.

Put the two together and you get Nicolle's version of the response at the end of the reading:
"The word of an overly-venerated story that has destroyed civilizations, brought to you courtesy of my mouth."

She might not say it this coming weekend, but you can be damned sure that she's doing the readings at my wedding if only in the hopes that she'll pop something like that out.

3 comments:

Elissa Yost said...

lol..maybe colle can do some readings at my wedding...that is hilarious!

Michelle said...

Um, do they allow liturgical readings in the synagogue?

Elissa Yost said...

Chelle...I'm not jewish...I don't know what meg has been telling you ;)